Call for Presenters
The Center for Innovation and Resources, Inc (CIR) is seeking a group of dynamic and diverse experts to work as independent contractors and serve as instructors and consultants to those who serve victims in California. These consultants will present training through one or more of the following projects:
- The CATTA Centers provide training and technical assistance to child advocacy centers; multi-disciplinary interview centers and teams; and child sexual abuse prevention, intervention and treatment service providers.
- The Serving California's Diversity Training Project focuses on responding to the needs of three specific populations: Immigrant Populations, People of Color (POC) and People with Limited English Proficiency (LEP).
- The UP Training Project provides training and technical assistance on four distinct underserved populations: victims with disabilities, male victims, LGBTQ victims, and foster youth victims of trauma.
CIR, Inc. relies on instructors and consultants who are leaders in the field to provide the highest quality training and technical assistance. The foundation of these programs is built on professionals with the right combination of practical experience, education, and teaching abilities.
We are seeking instructors with experience and expertise in one or more of the following fields:
- Advanced topics in child abuse investigations
- Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children (CSEC) – especially related to male victims
- Complex trauma
- Cultural competence and addressing implicit bias
- Domestic violence
- The effects of trauma on the brain
- The impact of systems on youth
- Internet-related child victimization
- Offender dynamics and behavior
- Trauma-informed practice
- Vicarious trauma/Self-care/Staff burnout
- Working with juveniles with problematic sexual behaviors
- Working with special victim populations (male victims, victims in the foster care system, LGBTQ victims, victims with disabilities, Persons of Color, immigrant populations, people with limited English proficiency)
In addition to practical experience, we seek those with exceptional instructional skills, which are particularly important for online training platforms. All new independent contractors must pass a comprehensive evaluation process.
If you would like to be a member of a team of professionals committed to providing the best in training and support, please submit a brief proposal.
Proposals should include:
· 1-3 proposed full-day training summaries
· Resume and qualifications
· Brief professional bio
· Rate of pay
· 2-3 professional references
Proposals will be rated on:
· How well specific topic matches project goals
· Presenter qualifications and experience
· Plan details and feasibility
CIR intends to enter into a service contract with 3-5 presenters based on the project's needs, budget, logistics, and proposals received. The project fiscal year is October 2018 - September 2019.
For those who enter into an agreement with CIR, payment for work done will be made monthly within 30 days of receipt of activity and expense reports.
Send to Emma Nichols, Project Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for proposals: Friday, November 16, 2018