MDT RESPONSE TO CHILD SEXUAL ABUSE INVESTIGATIONS
This is a FREE training event.
Registration Deadline: October 26, 2018
Date: Tuesday, November 6, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 5:00pm
Location: Bishop, CA
If no event address is listed, it will be provided in the confirmation materials.
Course Overview: This is an introductory team-focused training for professionals employed by governmental agencies or nonprofit agencies in the fields of law enforcement, prosecution, child protective services, social work, children's advocacy, therapy, medicine, or otherwise who work directly with child victims of crime as part of a current or emerging Child Advocacy Center or Multi-Disciplinary Interview Team (CAC/MDIT) in California. This training offers participants an opportunity to explore the concerns of other disciplines related to team investigations and provides an introductory framework for child forensic interviewing within the Child Advocacy Center Model as practiced in California.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Participants will be able to describe at least five examples of best practices used by multi-disciplinary centers and teams in the investigations of child abuse.
- Participants will be able to summarize the priorities and timelines of other disciplines involved in a child abuse investigation, and how county protocol should accommodate these priorities and timelines.
- Participants will be able to explain the 10-step interview protocol and its basis in research.
- Participants will create a list of at least three actions items to improve their team’s operations in the future.
This training is FREE OF CHARGE.
Continuing Education: If you are interested in Continuing Education please apply and pay for credit at the training. Cash, card, and check payments.
- Course meets qualifications for 6 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs and LCSWs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences, $45, Provider #128510. The Center for Innovation and Resource, Inc. (CIR) is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs and LCSWs. CIR maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
All attendees will receive a Certificate of Attendance. Participants may apply for continuing education credits (CEUs) at the event. Certificates for CEUs will be mailed to participants within two weeks following the event.
For more information, questions, or grievances, please contact Tiffany Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-876-0291.
Individuals with disabilities who require accommodations to participate in this training should also contact Tiffany Anderson. Requests must be received by October 26, 2018.