Call for Presenters
The Center for Innovation and Resources, Inc. (CIR), has received funding through the Victim Service Training Program of the California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services (Cal OES). The Serving California’s Diversity Training Project (DIVERSITY) will focus on responding to the needs of three distinct populations in the state: immigrant populations, people of color (POC), and victims with limited English proficiency (LEP). An overarching theme will be implicit bias; how it creates barriers to serving victims of crime and how to overcome those barriers. The project will provide training and technical assistance to victim service providers in order to increase their ability to effectively serve the three aforementioned populations.
CIR is seeking a group of dynamic and diverse experts to work as independent contractors and serve as instructors and consultants to constituents. We will be conducting introductory and advanced in-person trainings as well as webinars.
CIR relies on instructors and consultants who are the leaders in the field to provide the highest quality training and technical assistance. Our program is built on professionals with the right combination of practical experience, education, and teaching abilities.
The DIVERSITY Project is seeking instructors with experience and expertise in one or more of the following fields:
- Equal access to justice
- Trauma informed care for immigrants and refugees
- Reducing stressors and risk factors
- Integration into society
- Intersectional collaborations
- Language access in courts
- Best practices for interpretation
- Civil rights requirements
- Deportation and separation
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- Challenges and discrimination
- Women’s oppression
- Community based transformative justice
- Empowerment and healing
- Barriers to accessing services
- Prison industrial complex (jails, prisons, immigrant detention centers)
Submissions should be related, but not limited, to the topics above.
In addition to practical experience, we are seeking those with exceptional instructional skills. All new independent contractors must pass a comprehensive evaluation process. If you would like to be a member of a team of professionals committed to providing the best in training and support, please submit a proposal.
Proposals should include:
- 1 - 3 proposed full-day training summaries; including learning objectives
- Resume and qualifications
- Brief professional bio
- Rate of pay
- 2 – 3 professional references
Proposals will be rated on:
- How well specific topic relates to project goals
- Presenter qualifications and experience
- Plan details and feasibility
Please send proposals to Joshua Thomas (Project Coordinator) at email@example.com.
DEADLINE FOR PROPOSALS: April 20, 2018
Thank you for your time and consideration! Please do not hesitate to share this announcement to other professionals you feel may be interested in this opportunity.